2006 Parramatta River Explorer Ride: 3rd December 7.30 AM to 11.30 AM
- Easy/Medium ride from Granville to Bicentennial Park, then Concord West and return: to include Silverwater Bridge, Bicentennial Park, Parramatta River and more.
- water, sunscreen, helmet, spare tube, working bicycle and happy disposition.
- Level of fitness:
- NOTE: You will need to be reasonably fit for this ride; not suitable for children under 14 years.
- Approximate distance:
- 25 or 35 kms; a few stops to talk and enjoy scenery. Possible short cut removing 10 km.
- Average Speed:
- A leisurely 12 kph
- 7.15 AM northern end of Walpole St Park, Merrylands in car park adjacent to Kidseum, Walpole Street, Merrylands
- Register for the ride:
- Mark Robson 9827 0738 or email@example.com
|Destination of Interest||By way of||Approx. Distance||Approx riding time||Estimated time|
|Thackery St Bridge, Rydalmere||Fox St, M4 path, Rail Trail, George St, Grand Ave||6.6||30||8:00|
|Tea House||Parramatta Valley cycleway, Silverwater bridge, Riverside cyclepath, Bennelong Road/Hill Rd path, Australia Ave||9.4||45||8:45|
|(Toilets and water at “Tea House” 20 min break)||20||9:05|
|Ryde Rail bridge||Leeds St, Llewellyn St, cyclepath.||2.4||10||9:35|
|Toilets and water.||10||9:45|
|Tea House||Freemont St, Nullawarra Ave, Edith Walker Hospital 5 min break, The Drive, Wilga St, Victoria Ave, Bicentennial Park||5.5||35||10:20|
|Toilets and water (20 min)||20||10:40|
|Duck River bridge||Olympic Park Fountain, Haslams Creek, M4 path||7.0||35||11:10|
|Return to start point||M4 path||3.5||15||11:25|
|Totals:||38.4||185 min 3.1 hours||240 min 4 hours
For additional detail see: http://camwest/pps.com.au/
To register for ride: Mark Robson 9827 0738 or firstname.lastname@example.org