CAMWEST's first goal is that of advocacy. We are therefore involved in many of projects in Western Sydney. The main projects that we have been involved in the last year are outlined below. As you can see, we take our advocacy very seriously. We have achieved a lot, but there's always much more work to do. So why not join us in bringing better cycling facilites to Western Sydney? Please contact us to find out more.
Some of the projects we've worked on are:
- Upper Parramatta River Catchment Trust — A cycleway connecting the Parramatta CBD, the hub of Western Sydney, to various areas to the north.
- Bicycle Lockers — CAMWEST continues to support Bicycle NSW's bicycle locker scheme. See some of our thoughts on how it could be improved.
- Oil Watch — Keeping an eye on Australia's increasing dependence on foreign oil, when predictions are made of an upcoming world production peak.
- Wishlist — A place where we dream what we'd do, if we had our way.
- Postcards from the Future — images of what our neighbourhoods will be like once governments and residents really understand the benefits of the bicycle and commit to making our streets bike and people friendly.
- Parramatta BikePlan
- Bankstown BikePlan
- Baulkham Hills and Castle Hill BikePlan
- Blacktown BikePlan
- Lobbying at State level
- Greenways West and Bay to Mountains Cycleway
- Western Sydney Bicycle Planning Forum
- UWS Nepean — Parramatta Campus
- Submissions — Transitways EIS, Western Sydney Orbital, etc