CAMWEST Mailing Lists
What is a mailing list?
A mailing list is a simple way for members to communicate. It provides an email address to which subscribers may write. When you subscribe to a mailing list you will receive all email sent to the email address.
You can unsubscribe from the mailing list yourself. We have good spam and virus protection for our mailing lists, with spamassassin and clam-av software running on our server.
We have two lists: CAMWEST discuss, which allows subscribers to write, and CAMWEST announce, which is a low-volume, read-only list for announcements of rides and occasional newsletters about our activities.
What are these lists for?
A few hundred people have subscribed to this list to receive announcements about: rides, new activities, and an occasional newsletter. This list is low volume: I suggest you subscribe.
This list is for two-way communication, and provides the closest we have to a ‘membership’ of CAMWEST. Join this if you think you might like to get involved, or see what activities we do.
The new comments system uses the same email address and password that you use for the CAMWEST-discuss mailing list. A reminder of your password is mailed out once a month.
How do I subscribe?
Subscribing is a simple three-step process:
- Go to the web page for either CAMWEST announce or CAMWEST discuss
- Fill in three items in the form there:
- your email address
- your name (you can remain nameless if you really prefer!)
- a password (choose something that is unrelated to other passwords you use)
- Check your email, and click on "reply" to send a reply back to the server; you don't need to write anything in the reply, just ensure that the subject line remains unchanged.
How do I unsubscribe?
If you decide you are not interested in our activities after all, then you can unsubscribe yourself by
- going to the web page of the list from which you want to unsubscribe, scroll down to the bottom of the page, where you will see the "Unsubscribe or edit options" button and type in your email address in the box there
- in the page that appears, click on the "Unsubscribe" button
- click on the link that is emailed to you.