Built under Governor Macquarie it opened in 1818 with 70 girls. Girls remained here until they were apprenticed as servants at 13. Elizabeth Macarthur employed girls from the school. In 1888 it was gazetted as a Psychiatric Hospital which it remained until the 1990s when the site was turned over to the University of Western Sydney.
Area: James Ruse Drive
Copyright © 2005 Martin Olmos - Legal