Residence of farming pioneers Elizabeth and John Macarthur, who arrived in 1790. Named after John's wife, it was originally 1100 acres, though only four remain. The Macarthurs also brought Merino sheep from Spain to Australia. They went on to become the biggest land owners in NSW. Elizabeth Farm was built in 1793 and is Australia's oldest privately-owned building.
Area: Harris Park
Copyright © 2005 Martin Olmos - Legal