Home | Route & Sites | Download Tour | Themes | Riding Tips | Links | About 

Dairy Precinct

 


Previous | Next

Description

George Salter built the cottage between 1798 and 1806, and grew wheat and maize. He sold it to Governor Macquarie in 1813 who converted it into a dairy with a sunken milk room. This is visible under the Rangers Cottage (latter built in 1875).

Area: Parramatta Park

 

Detail